The 20th Annual Cooperstown Classic Baseball Tournament
June 17-18, 2023
In their third appearance at the Cooperstown Classic, the Providence Sharks put on an impeccable performance, going undefeated with a 3-0 record to clinch their first tournament Cup. The competition was abbreviated due to rain, but the Sharks proved their worth and secured a rare double-BYE. They accomplished this impressive feat by achieving a dominating 2-0 record in Pool Play with victories of 18-6 against the Singing Surgeons and 7-2 against the Brooklyn Dukes.
The Championship game, held at the iconic Doubleday Field, saw the Sharks demonstrating their superiority by handing the East Coast Cardinals their first tournament loss. With a decisive 3-1 victory, the Sharks brought home the cup. Congratulations to the Providence Sharks!
Inquire today to add your team to the 2024 Cooperstown Classic.
Below are the participating teams and game schedule.
- Singing Surgeons (Boston, MA)
- East Coast Cardinals (Charlottesville, VA)
- Ben’s Dream White Sox (New York, NY)
- QN Comets (Queens, NY)
- Providence Sharks (Providence, RI)
- Niagara Devils (Buffalo, NY)
- Genesee Brewers (Rochester, NY)
- Brooklyn Dukes (New York, NY)
- Crown City Benchwarmers (Cortland, NY)
Saturday, June 17 – Pool Play
- Providence Sharks 18, Singing Surgeons 6 @ Beaver Valley
- Ben’s Dream White Sox 5, Niagara Devils 4 @ Doubleday Field
- East Coast Cardinals 15, Genesee Brewers 3 @ Winsor Field
- Ben’s Dream White Sox 11, QN Comets 2 @ Beaver Valley
- Crown City Benchwarmers 2, East Coast Cardinals 2 @ Doubleday Field (rain-shortened)
- Providence Sharks 7, Brooklyn Dukes 2 @ Winsor Field
- Niagara Devils vs. Crown City Benchwarmers @ Beaver Valley (rained out)
- Genesee Brewers vs. Brooklyn Dukes @ Doubleday Field (rained out)
- Singing Surgeons vs. QN Comets @ Winsor Field (rained out)
Sunday, June 18 – Playoffs & Consolation
10AM – Play In Games
- Crown City Benchwarmers 7, Niagara Devils 7 @ Beaver Valley
- Brooklyn Dukes 12, QN Comets 3 @ Doubleday Field
1:30PM – Semifinals & Consolation Game
- East Coast Cardinals 6, Crown City Benchwarmers 3 @ Beaver (Semifinals)
- Ben’s Dream White Sox 5, Brooklyn Dukes 4 in 13 innings @ Winsor (Semifinals)
- Genesee Brewers 22, Singing Surgeons 2 @ Doubleday (Consolation)
5PM – Finals
- Providence Sharks 3, East Coast Cardinals 1 @ Doubleday
- Due to 5PM Pool Play Games being rained out Saturday, and Winsor unplayable on Sunday morning, playoff match-up rules shifted.
- The #1 Seed Providence Sharks, 2-0 in Pool Play, earned a Double-BYE, as they had the largest run differential, and advanced all the way to the Finals.
- The #2 Seed Ben’s Dream White Sox, 2-0 in Pool Play, earned a BYE, as they had the second largest run differential, and advanced to the the semifinals.
- The #3 East Coast Cardinals, the only 1-0 team in Pool Play, earned a BYE, and advanced to the semifinals.
- The #4, #5, #6, and #7 teams had play-in games to earn the last two semifinals slots.
- In the semifinals, the winning team with the greatest run differential in that game would advance to the finals to face the Sharks. Ben’s Dream White Sox won 5-4 with a 1-run differential, while the East Coast Cardinals won 6-3 with a 3-run differential, and thus earned the advancement.